In this two-day course, attendees will gain an understanding of the role of a Scrum Master in a SAFe enterprise. Unlike traditional Scrum Master training that focuses on the fundamentals of team-level Scrum, the SAFe Scrum Master course explores the role of the Scrum Master in the context of the entire enterprise, and prepares attendees to successfully plan and execute the Program Increment (PI), the primary enabler of alignment throughout all levels of a SAFe organization. This includes learning the key components of Agile at scale development, how Scrum is facilitated throughout the enterprise, and how to execute Iteration Planning. Attendees will also discover how to build high performing Agile teams by becoming a servant leader and coach, and how to coach those teams to deliver the maximum business value at scale. SAFe 4 Scrum Master (SSM) certification signifies that people are prepared to perform the role of Scrum Master in a SAFe environment, increasing their value to teams and organizations that are implementing SAFe.
At the end of the SAFe for Scrum Master training, you get:
A good understanding of how to:
- Describe Scrum in a SAFe enterprise
- Facilitate Scrum events
- Facilitate effective Iteration execution
- Support effective Program Increment execution
- Support relentless improvement
- Coach Agile teams for maximum business results
- Support DevOps implementation
In addition to that, you will get:
- Attendee workbook
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® for Scrum Master exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
- Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to be eligible for the exam
- Up to 15 PDUs for PMI certified professionals, see the official SAFe for Scrum Master page for more details
The fee for the course includes course materials and lunch on both training days.
Target audience and training language
This training is open to everyone interested in learning more about the Scrum Master role and becoming a servant leader.
The course will be conducted in English due to international participation. Course delivery in German, French and/or in-house trainings are possible as well. For more details, please contact us!
For more details on this course, please check our detailed SAFe for Scrum Master training page.