SCRUMINC. SCRUM MASTER (SM)
The ScrumInc. Scrum Master training was developed by the co-creator of Scrum, Dr. Jeff Sutherland.
We will share his insights and strategies from decades of successfully launching high-performing Scrum teams.
In this course, you will learn how to:
- Implement Scrum, the most widely used Agile framework
- Help your organization cope with inevitable market changes
- Save time and money by reducing waste and impediments
- Enable constant and effective communication and feedback
- Reduce employee burnout and encourage sustainable pace
What this training is about?
The Scrum Master (SM) training was developed by the co-creator of Scrum, Dr. Jeff Sutherland. In this course, we’ll share his insights and strategies from decades of success launching high-performing Scrum teams in businesses around the globe.
This course goes beyond the basics of Scrum and the Scrum Master role. This two-day course is dynamic and highly interactive. Class participants will start by organizing into Scrum team. You’ll take part in a variety of games and exercises, that will allow you to experience the Scrum Master role first-hand. With the help of your instructors, you and your team will create a product backlog, prioritize it, and manage a burndown chart.
At the end of the Scrum Master (SM) training
You’ll leave the class knowing how Scrum can accelerate any project and will be able to:
- implement Scrum, the most widely used Agile framework
- reduce employee burnout and encourage sustainable pace
- help your organization cope with inevitable market changes
- save time and money by reducing waste and impediments
- enable constant and effective communication and feedback
What makes this training so special?
This training is taught by two dynamic and experienced training professionals who have used Scrum successfully in their professional life as well as many other Lean-Agile principles and practices.
This training is specific to the Swiss market (we speak German and French in addition to English).
You get the answer to each of your questions and issues no matter what. If we cannot get the answer for you during the training session, we promise to answer you within a week-period once the session is finished. You will also be able to send additional questions to the trainers at no cost within a 30-day time period after the training.
How much does the Scrum Master (SM) training cost?
This course is available at the price of CHF 1700, but special discounts apply:
- Early bird registration
- Returning customer
- Referral program
Course fee includes access to the ScrumInc. Scrum Master exam. Students who successfully complete the course and pass the exam will earn their ScrumInc. Scrum Master credential signed by the co-creator of Scrum, Dr. Jeff Sutherland.
Where does the training take place?
In general the training is held in Switzerland as a public course in conference rooms in Basel, Bern or Zurich. If your company is looking to get private courses for its employees in Switzerland, please get in contact with us to discuss possible options.
Have a look at our calendar for our public courses.
- The Scrum Framework with an emphasis on the role of the Scrum Master.
- How the Scrum Framework helps deliver products and services faster and with higher quality while also improving employee happiness and job satisfaction.
- How to leverage lean principles to identify waste in a system, process, or organization.
- Techniques and metrics Scrum Masters use to improve team happiness and performance.
- The patterns and practices of high-performing Scrum teams.
- How the Scrum Master role scales in an organization using Scrum@Scale.
This training is open to all, there are no pre-requisites for this course.
What Attendees Get
The training registration includes:
- Attendee workbook
- Preparation and eligibility to take the ScrumInc. Scrum Master exam
- Access to the ScrumLab powered by Scrum.inc
- Course certificate and digital badge
- Lunch, beverages and finger foods
Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to be eligible for the exam and related certification.
You receive a printed and bound colored copy of the course manual.
You will receive the manual and other course material in PDF format for personal use.
The official Scrum Master (SM) exam with Scrum.inc is included in the price.
The certificate will be available for download in PDF format after passing the exam.
The digital badge will be available for download in PNG format directly after passing the exam.
Snacks and drinks during the breaks and lunch will be provided on both days of the training.
30 days Q&A
After completing the course you can reach out to us for 30 days to discuss about any questions you may have regarding the course content and material.
We offer a 1,5 hours online session to our course attendees after the course, where we discuss and review key Scrum topics which will help you to pass the exam.
This course is offered by default in English, but we can also deliver it in French.
We have implemented fun games into this course to drive the attendee engagement and practice what is covered.
The base price for this 2-days course is 1700 CHF, which includes:
- Snacks, beverages and lunch on both days
- The course material
- Two tries on the official exam
- Access to the official ScrumLab powered by Scrum.inc
- Applicable taxes (V.A.T.)
Are there any prerequisites to attend the course?
No, anyone is welcome to attend the course, regardless of their backgrounds. Non-IT people are especially welcome to see how Scrum can be applied in any industry.
What if the course in cancelled?
Should we cancel the course due to unforeseen circumstances, you are entitled to a full refund of the paid price.
What if I need to cancel my attendance?
Until 15 days before the course start a cancellation is possible via e-mail with no further fees.
After this period, following applies:
- Change of participant – Free
- Change to another course – 10% of course fee is charged in addition
- Cancellation or Absence — No refund is possible
More details can be found on Section 4 of our General Terms and Conditions.
What is ScrumInc. version of Scrum?
ScrumInc. Scrum is the version of Scrum as taught by Jeff Sutherland, the co-creator of Scrum. Most notably, ScrumInc. Scrum focus on patterns to drive the efficiency of the teams – “twice the value in half the time” is the motto.
For more details, please have a look at our dedicated article.
How long is the certificate valid?
The Scrum Master (SM) certificate is valid for a year. After the one year period, your Scrum knowledge will be reviewed via a short and simple exam and a nominal renewal fee of 50 USD paid to Scrum.inc.
How do I get my digital badge?
After attending the course, we will create your user accounts on the ScrumLab platform, where you can find the link to the official exam.
Once you have passed the exam, you can download your digital badge and PDF certificate.
If you want to find out more about digital badges, please read our dedicated article.
When shall I arrive at the venue?
Best would be 15 minutes before the course start, but you can arrive a bit earlier to do some networking.
Who should I call in case I have issues?
You can reach us at +41 61 554 03 93
OUR UPCOMING TRAINING COURSES
We also offer our training classes as in-house courses in your offices. If you choose this option, we guarantee you the best possible delivery quality, while also discussing your specific pain-points during the training. Please note that this option is available from an attendee count of at least eight, and individual pricing applies, which can be discussed.
For more details, please get in touch with us!
We also offer this course as a live virtual instructor led training. For more details please CLICK HERE. –> COMING SOON!
WHAT OUR CUSTOMERS SAY